Thank you to everyone for your patience as we have worked our way through the new procedures for taking tests in light of the COVID-19 situation. If you have any questions about this, please email me at jwingham@summer. com or call me at the school at 250-770-7718 ext. 6419. Take care out there.
ConnectEd Revised Testing Procedure
In light of the recommendations to all Canadians to stay home and practice social-distancing to prevent the spread of the COVID-19, we have temporarily modified our invigilation practices as follows:
- When a student is ready to take a test, please contact the course teacher. If a test is required, it can now be taken at home.
- Please give the teacher two days notice as some of our teachers work part time
- Course teachers will be in touch with students to let them know their office hours
- Teachers will determine the need for invigilated assessments within individual courses after considering the following:
- Previous invigilated work
- Nature of the course with respect to graduation requirements and post-secondary admission
- Previous Academic Misconduct incidents
- The level of academic integrity demonstrated by the student work submitted to date
- Assignments or activities that may demonstrate a level of academic integrity:
- Project work
- Oral submissions
- Personal connections related to the learning outcomes
- Assignments where process is clear and demonstrated (draft work) and formative (2-way) feedback during the process is evident.
- In cases where the teacher determines that the course level of academic integrity is low they may require any one or a combination of the following:
- Oral assessment (over the phone or via an online conferencing tool)
- Alternate form of assessment in lieu of invigilated assessment
- Home supervised assessment
- On-line video invigilated test with live supervisor
- Each course will have different expectations of the level of academic integrity required and students should visit their courses (on or after April 8, 2020) for detailed information on what will be required.